Looking for free things to do in Isla Mujeres, Mexico? You’re in luck! This picturesque island offers plenty of activities that won’t break the bank. You can spend a day lounging on one of its beautiful beaches or exploring the local markets and shops. Take a stroll through the charming downtown area, admiring the colorful buildings and street art. If you’re feeling adventurous, why not rent a bike and explore the island’s natural beauty? Don’t forget to check out the stunning sunset views from the western side of the island. With so much to see and do, Isla Mujeres is a budget-friendly paradise just waiting to be discovered.
Free Things to Do
- Spend a day at Playa Norte, one of the island’s most beautiful beaches
- Explore the local markets and shops in downtown Isla Mujeres
- Walk along the Malecon, great for scenic oceanfront photo opps
- Create your own photo scavenger hunt and compete with your travel friends
- Hunt for sea glass on the Caribbean side of the island, known for its abundance of smooth, colorful glass pieces
- Be the first in Mexico to see the sunrise from Punta Sur, a rocky outcropping on the southern tip of the island and the first land that the sun hits in all of Mexico
- Visit the island’s historic cemetery, where many of the graves are decorated with colorful, elaborate mosaics. Can you find the Pirate Mundaca grave?
- Take a free yoga class on the beach, offered by many of the island’s hotels and hostels.